Apple iPhone 6 Highlights
The most-anticipating moment for tech savvies has finally come. Apple has unveiled its iPhone 6 in two versions – iPhone 6 (4.7-inch) and iPhone 6Plus (5.5-inch) at a grand gala do held at San Francisco in United States. Amidst over-the-top media glare, Apple CEO Tim Cook announced straight away without beating around the bush. He called Tuesday as “very key day” for Apple. Below are the highlights of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
1. Apple bites the bullet. Gives into the phablet phenomena.
2.iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the thinnest ever Apple phones.
3. While iPhone 5S and 5 are 7.6 mm thick, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are slimmer at 6.8 mm and 7.1mm respectively.
4. With the latest two versions (4.7-inch and 5.5-inch), Apple joins the bandwagon of large-screen smartphone arena.
5. Apple has raised the pixel density of two smartphones, with iPhone 6 possessing 38% more pixels at 1334x750p resolution and iPhone 6 Plus having 185% more pixels with screen resolution of 1920X1080p.
6. Apple names the new display panels Retina HD a “new generation” of iPhone screens. These LCD panels boast ion strengthened glass.
7. No buzz on the much-talked about sapphire glass panel yet.
8. iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus are backed by new A8 processor which is expected to increase the efficiency of phone.
9. The Power button is given on the side for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus. The devices, which will go on sale on Sept. 19, will start at $199 with a two-year wireless contract. The larger version will cost $299. The company will continue to sell the iPhone 5S for $99.
10. Apple also introduced iWatch with a screen between 1.3-1.5 inches and it will have a flexible display panel that is protected by synthetic sapphire.